Use the web forwarding service
This tutorial will help you to set up free web redirection service, also known as HTTP, for your domain or its subdomains. We propose you three different kinds of forwardings :
- IP forwarding
All HTTP requests are redirected to the IP of your choice. You have the opportunity to host your domain on your own server. You have to manage the HTTP server and deal pages to internet users.
- The direct forwarding
The user will be forwarded to the URL of your choice, but the original domain name will disappear from the address bar of your browser to use the choosen destination address.
- Transparent forwarding
The user will be forwarded to the URL of your choice, but the domain name will be commensurate in the address bar of your browser. Thus, the content of the URL will be displayed for the domain name.
Log on Your Account section "Domain Management", from here, open the scrolling menu "Services management", select "Web Forwarding"
You just have to click on a domain name to access to the forwarding setting screen.
Set up IP forwarding
1. Select the "IP forwarding"
2. Enter the server IP
3. Click on <OK>
4. Changing our DNS is carried out under 5 minutes. The forwarding will come into effect after several hours due to the DNS propagation delay.
Progression to classic IP forwarding implies DNS changes and therefore a new propagation delay.
Establish direct forwarding
1. Select the "Direct Forwarding"
2. Select the protocol (between http / https / ftp). The HTTP protocol is used by default because in most cases. However, if your website is secure with SSL, you can specify the https protocol.
3. Enter the URL of destination.
4. Indicate if the forwarding is permanent or temporary. Do not neglect this because it may influence SEO.
5. Click <OK>
6. The recognition is taken into account under 5 minutes.
Do not enter the famous http:// in your url redirection
Establish transparent forwarding
1. Select mode "transparent forwarding"
2. Select the protocol (between http / https / ftp).
The HTTP protocol is used by default because in most cases. However if your site is secure with SSL, you can specify the https protocol.
3. You can directly retrive your page title and the meta tags. (This setting can add a little latency according the extraction of information). Otherwise you can enter your own title.
4. Click on <OK>
5. The recognition is taken into account under 5 minutes.
Do not enter "http://" in your url redirection
If you do not want to enable redirection web:
1. You just have to select "No forwarding"
2. Clck on <OK>
3. The recognition is taken into account under 5 minutes.