Setup your mail with Mail (MAC) PLESK
This tutorial will help you to set your mailbox with Mail (MAC).
We will now create your account to receive emails with Mail.
1. Click on 'Mail' then 'Preferences'
2. Go to 'Account' tab and click + to add an account
3. Set your name
4. Set your email address, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Click 'Continue'
6. Set your incoming mail server by following below instructions:
|Incoming Mail Server||
cloudxxx.netim.net (where xxx has to be replaced with your plesk number, see Note)
Your mailbox, e.g. email@example.com
Your mailbox's password
Note: You can find this information in the email we have sent you upon the hosting creation or on Netim Direct in "Hosting" >> "Web hosting" management, click on your domain to display the details.
7. Click 'Continue'
8. Uncheck 'Use SSL'
9. Select Authentication 'Password'
10. Set your outgoing mail server by following below instructions:
|Outgoing mail server||
smtp.netim.net or your ISP's one
Yes! you must check 'Use Authentication'
Indicate the username provided in the SMTP activation email, See Note2
Indicate the password provided in the SMTP activation email, See Note2
Note2: You can can also find this information on Netim Direct in "Hosting" >> "Web hosting" management, click on your domain to display the details.
==> Finally click 'Continue', you can view the account summary, click 'Create and it is done, your mailbox is ready to use in Mail !
Advanced and Troubleshooting
- If you have issue with the SMTP server, go to 'Accounts', open the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) Scrolling Me
- Use default ports, or try following Custom ports : 587 or 25
- Uncheck 'Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)'
- 'Authentication' : Password
- 'User and password': Ensure you are using the correct username and password as provided in the SMTP activation email.
- If you have reception issue or synchronization issue with the IMAP serveur, go to 'Accounts' and ensure settings are ok as well as in the 'Advanced' tab
- IMAP Path Prefix: INBOX
- Port : 143
- SSL : OFF
- Authentication: Password