Publish your website via FTP
The following guide will help you to install your web pages on your hosting using FTP. We take as an example the freeware FileZilla providing simplicity and speed. However you can of course use any other software offering features FTP client.
1. Click on this link to download the free software
2. Install the software on your computer
3. Read the documentation about software and its features.
Setting up a website
1. Take your account data. These informations have been sent to you in the confirmation email you received when you created the account.
2. Click 'File' >> 'Site Manager' >> 'New Site'
3. Enter settings
|Encryption||Explicit FTP over TLS if available|
|User||your FTP login|
|Password||your FTP password|
3. Save then 'Connect'
4. Test the connection by clicking on the first icon on the toolbar, then click on the name of newly created site .
If you get: Status: Connected Status: Retrieving directory listing ... Command: PWD Response: 257 "/" is current directory. State: Success of the directory listing
Congratulations, you are properly connected to your hosting, you can switch to next step
If you get: Status : ftp.netim.hosting ... Error: Unable to connect!
This means that:
- either you made a mistake in the host parameter
- Or the domain name is still not valid.
- Or the hosting is not forwarded to the domain name, you must in this case verify that the DNS domain are those indicated in the email. Change them if they are not correct. Contact | support
In the latter two cases, can replace the "host" with the IP address specified in the mail to get a connection.
If you get: Réponse : 220 ProFTPD 1.2.10 Server (ProFTPD) Commande : USER votre_login Réponse : 331 Password required for votre_login. Commande : PASS ********** Réponse : 530 Login incorrect. Erreur : Unabled to connect !
It means that you made a mistake in the settings "user" or "password". Codes provided may be incorrect.
Install the files on your site
1. Once connected, you can check the tree form of your website on "Remote Site"
- errordocs to define custom error pages
- logs directory containing your log files
- public_ftp sharing space via your website
- public_www directory of your website with an access via https://www.<yourdomain>
- tmp dossier temporaire pour PHP
2. View the tree from your computer in the "Local Site"
3. Drag your files from the "Local Site" to the "Remote Site"
Your website must be placed into /public_www
If you try to write in a directory where you're not allowed to, you will get an error message. In all cases, you will not make any mishandling.
Setting advanced FTP
1. Back in the setting of the connection: Menu "File" then "Site Manager"
2. Click on the name of your website and then click on "Advanced"
3. You can set the local directory by default: the web directory on your computer.
(you'll be automatically in your working index under "local site")
4. You can set the default remote directory such as public_html
(you'll be automatically connected to that directory in the "remote site")